Hybrid car: a green choice. Is a hybrid car worth it?
A clean and ecological technology
A hybrid car is the perfect choice for people who want to respect the environment, reduce their fuel consumption and emission of polluting gases. This is because its combustion engine is supported by an electric one, which performs multiple functions, such as transforming the chemical energy of the fuel into kinetic energy, charging the battery of the electric motor, and recovering energy during regenerative braking. Driving a hybrid car doesn’t just make a powerful contribution to cutting CO₂ emissions, it yields economic and other benefits such as:
1. The reduction of noise pollution, because a hybrid engine emits much less noise than a traditional one.
2. Urban driving, because the hybrid car's motor is best for short trips in chaotic city traffic.
3. A hybrid car is also as easy to service and maintain as a regular vehicle. No special interventions are needed on the electrical part of the car.
Less pollution, more benefits.
If you choose a hybrid car, you choose to consume less fuel and reduce pollution. A hybrid car helps to significantly reduce fuel consumption and related expenditure.
Indeed, one of the main advantages of a hybrid car is tax exemption. The hybrid car offers drivers considerable advantages, although they differ from region to region. Usually, hybrid cars are exempted from car property tax for up to five years after they are first registered.
They are also very comfortable to drive: with lower noise emissions, and the internal combustion engine provides good performance over great distances.
The advantages of a hybrid can be summed up in these points:
- • Savings - Car property tax is lower for a hybrid car because it is only calculated on the horsepower of the thermal engine.
- • Mobility - Depending on local council regulations, hybrid vehicles can travel free of charge or at a reduced fee in a Limited Traffic Area.
- • Ecology - Hybrid cars are environmentally friendly because they release less CO₂ into the environment. The integrated electric motor limits fuel consumption.
It has also been shown that drivers of hybrid cars are much more relaxed than drivers of conventional ones.
Hybrid and hybrid plug-in: similarities and differences.
An ally of the environment
Fiat’s hybrid technology features unique electric vehicle capabilities*:
*Functions depend on driving conditions and battery charge.
eCreeping: the vehicle can move slowly just using the eMotor, releasing the brake while ICE is off.
eLaunch: the vehicle can launch with eMotor while ICE is off, releasing the brake and managing the gas pedal.
eQueuing: Perfect for high traffic areas, the vehicle can use a Stop & Go in combination with e-creeping.
eParking: All parking maneuvers in first gear and reverse are powered by only the electric motor.
These hybrid models are the first step for both Fiat and drivers as we move towards a greener and brighter future that puts electric mobility front and centre.